Superintendent of Schools
Centre for Education
:: Board Meeting
Board Meeting #13
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Centre for Education
To watch the webcast of the April 10, 2012 board meeting, click here.
Disposition of the items from the April 10, 2012 board meeting.
Minutes of the April 10, 2012 board meeting.
- O Canada
- Roll Call
- Communications from the Board Chair
- Communications from the Superintendent of Schools
- Board Meeting #12 - March 13, 2012
- Comments from the Public and Staff Group Representatives
- Report #8 of the Conference Committee (From the Meeting Held April 3, 2012)
- Continuation of Edmonton Public Schools Foundation
- Staff Group Presentations re 2012-2013 Budget (NO ENCLOSURE)
- CUPE Local 3550 - 9:45 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
- Exempt Staff - 10:00 a.m. - 10:15 a.m.
- Edmonton Public Teachers - 10:15 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- *Motion re Plan for District Space Post Moratorium
- Motion re Student Advisory Council
- Motion re Financial Literacy
- Locally Developed Courses - Renewals
- Distribution of Funds - 1:00 p.m.
- Board Policy IA.BP - Inclusive Education - 2:00 p.m.
- Revised JA.BP Parent and Community Involvement
- JAC.BP - Funding and Endorsement Requests from External Organizations
- Proposed Issues for the ASBA 2012 Policy Process
- Feedback on Proposed ASBA Key Issues Process
- Health and Wellness of Staff and Students Annual Report
- English Language Learners Annual Report
- Aboriginal Education Annual Report
- *High School Modified Calendar Analysis
(Information - Response to Trustee Request #150)
- *Map of Schools That Have Reached or Surpassed Their Capacity
(Information - Response to Trustee Request #155)
- *JUA Report
(Information - Response to Trustee Request #161)
- *Financial Literacy Education - Feasibility Report
(Information - Response to Trustee Request #163)
- *Federal and Provincial Funding for ELL
(Information - Response to Trustee Request #164)
- *2012 New School Openings
(Information - Response to Trustee Request #171)
- Barriers to Schools Choosing a Modified Calendar
(Information - Response to Trustee Request #169)
* Deferred from the March 13, 2012 board meeting.
- Other Committee, Board Representative and Trustee Reports
- Comments from the Public and Staff Group Representatives - 5:00 p.m.
(NOTE: Pre-registration is required by noon Tuesday, April 10, 2012 to speak at 5:00 p.m. If there are no registrants and the business is completed prior to 5:00 p.m., the meeting will be adjourned.)
- Trustee and Board Requests for Information
- Notices of Motion
- Meeting Dates
Next Board Meeting:
Tuesday, May 8, 2012 at 2:00 p.m.
McCauley Chambers, Centre for Education, One Kingsway
For further information, contact the Board Office at 780-429-8021.