Superintendent of Schools
Centre for Education
:: Board Meeting
Board Meeting #15
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Centre for Education
To watch the webcast of the May 22, 2012 board meeting, click here.
Disposition of the items from the May 22, 2012 board meeting.
Minutes of the May 22, 2012 board meeting.
- O Canada
- Roll Call
- Communications from the Board Chair
- Communications from the Superintendent of Schools
- Board Meeting #14 - May 8, 2012
- Comments from the Public and Staff Group Representatives
- Margaret T. Stevenson Award
(Information - 10-15 minute presentation)
- Tracking Progress and Excellence in the 2011-2014 Priorities
- Supporting Second Languages Across the District
(Information - 20 minutes is allotted for this item - 10 minutes for presentation/10 minutes for Trustee comments/questions)
- Introduction of Review of Proposed 2012-2013 Budget
(Information - 10-Minute Presentation)
- Motion re Junior Achievement and Memorandum of Understanding
- Student Transportation Fees for 2012-2013
- School Year Calendar 2013-2014
- Alberta School Councils' Association District Membership
- Alberta School Boards Association of Alberta (ASBA) Issues and Resolutions Committee: Issues, Budget and Bylaws Bulletin for the 2012 ASBA Spring General Meeting
- Alberta School Boards Association of Alberta (ASBA) Issues and Resolutions Committee: ASBA Proposed Bylaw Amendment for 2012 ASBA Spring General Meeting
- Alberta School Boards Association of Alberta (ASBA) Issues and Resolutions Committee: Financial Literacy
- Policy Review Committee: Policy Review HA.BP - Student Programs
- Policy Review Committee: Policy Review IEC.BP - Student Admission to the District
- Policy Review Committee: Policy Review CH.BP - Framework for Policy Development and Review
- Diversity and Equity Annual Report
- Feasibility of Development of Active Transportation Plans for All Schools
(Information - Response to Trustee Tracking #182)
- Feasibility of Offering Mandarin Bilingual Program at Lillian Osborne School
(Information - Response to Trustee Tracking #183)
- Other Committee, Board Representative and Trustee Reports
- Comments from the Public and Staff Group Representatives - 5:00 p.m.
(NOTE: Pre-registration is required by noon Tuesday, May 22, 2012 to speak at 5:00 p.m. If there are no registrants and the business is completed prior to 5:00 p.m., the meeting will be adjourned.)
- Trustee and Board Requests for Information
- Notices of Motion
- Meeting Dates
Next Board Meeting:
Tuesday, June 12, 2012 at 2:00 p.m.
McCauley Chambers, Centre for Education, One Kingsway
For further information, contact the Board Office at 780-429-8021.