:: District Budget
2012-2013 Fall Revised Budget
Alberta Education requires jurisdictions to prepare and submit a budget update each fall. The fall revised budget is based on September 30th enrolment, and reflects changes in revenue, staffing, and other key budget assumptions.
The fall revised budget is based on total expenses of $980.9 million, compared to the 2012-2013 spring approved budget of $940 million. The overall increase in budget is as follows:
- Increase of net surplus carry forwards - $18.8 million
- Increase in revenues due to enrolment and other adjustments - $22.6 million
- The 2012-2013 fall revised budget reflects an operating deficit of $32.7 million which is based on planned carry forward spending for Schools and Central decision units of $14.6 million and $18.1 million, respectively.
- The 2012-2013 fall revised budget deficit will be offset by transfers from accumulated operating surplus of $23 million and a capital surplus of $5.3 million. This will result in an estimated accumulated operating deficit of $4.2 million at August 31, 2013.
- Enrolment increased from the spring approved budget by 3.5% or 2,782 eligible funded students.
- Certificated staffing has increased by 189.4 FTE.
2012-2013 Revised Budget Board Report
2012-2013 Allocation Levels and Rates
2012-2013 School Plans and Revised Budgets
2012-2013 Central Plans and Revised Budgets
2011-2012 School Results Reviews
2011-2012 Central Results Reviews
District Financial Statements
2011-2012 Audited Financial Statements
Need more information?
Contact District Budget at 780-429-8060.