Maintenance Career Opportunities
Maintenance positions include both tradesmen and maintenance workers. Maintenance staff are represented by CUPE Local 784.
Edmonton Public Schools accepts applications for general employment from applicants who are available for an interview and readily available for employment.
Applicants must be willing to travel to various locations within the school district.
For more information about custodial positions, the application process please contact us at email@example.com or call 780-429-8111.
Prior to employment, successful candidates will be required to submit records check documents.
Application and Employment Information
Descriptors of Language Proficiency
Maintenance Application Form (Required)
Mandatory Records Check and Disclosure (Required)
Maintenance Qualifications Checklist (Required)
Maintenance Collective Agreement (September 1, 2017 - August 31, 2020)
The successful applicants will be required to:
- installation, service and maintenance of plumbing systems, both supply and drainage
- installation, repair and maintenance of gas piping and associated equipment,
- heating systems, including, but not limited to, forced air, hot water and low pressure steam boilers and associated equipment
- ability to read and interpret blueprints, specifications and shop drawings
- ability to provide emergent service when required
- must possess a valid Alberta Journeyperson or Interprovincial (Red Seal) certification in the Plumber and Gasfitter “A” trades.
- Journeyperson Steamfitter certification and a valid Cross Connection Control certificate are desirable
- minimum five years related experience
- must have the ability to: lift up to 25kg; climb ladders and work at heights; undertake tasks involving frequent bending and kneeling; work in tight, cramped or confined spaces
- good problem solving, organizational, time management, and record keeping skills
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- ability to work independently or in a team environment
The successful candidate must be prepared to use their own vehicle to travel to work sites within the City of Edmonton.
View the full job posting
12-month, full-time, permanent
Reporting to the Electronic Foreman, this position will be responsible for the installation and commissioning of security systems, card access systems, public address systems, CCTV and audio equipment in district schools and other buildings.
- completion of a two-year Electronic Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution (equivalencies will be considered)
- a minimum of five years progressive experience in the security, electronics or communication industry is desirable
- good problem solving skills, with the ability to troubleshoot hardware and software applications
- strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and job-site tasks
- ability to work independently and in a team environment
- good communication and interpersonal skills
Rate of pay:
- $40.23 per hour ($3,218.40 bi-weekly)
- Advance on Expenses: $408.37 bi-weekly
The successful candidate must be prepared to use their own vehicle to travel to work sites within the City of Edmonton and provide their own hand tools.
View the full job posting