Support Career Opportunities
Educational Assistant (Speech Language Pathologist Assistant)
Evansdale School, 9303 - 150 Avenue
10-month, full-time, permanent
Position opening date
December 12, 2017
Position closing date
December 20, 2017
Edmonton Public Schools is seeking a full-time, 10 month, permanent Educational Assistant to join our team of dedicated staff to work with children in the Pre-Kindergarten Program. As the ideal candidate, you will work collaboratively with Teachers, Speech Language Pathologists and other professionals to support very young children develop the basic skills necessary for success when transitioning to school.
• you are energetic and enjoy working with children
• you thrive working in a multi-disciplinary environment that encourages collaboration
• you have achieved excellence in your profession
• you are patient and supportive with your clients
• you make a difference
ABOUT YOUR EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• you have a recognized diploma as a Speech Language Pathology Assistant or Communication Disorder Assistant
• you have a minimum of two years related experience including classroom based service delivery to children
• you have experience working in partnership with children’s families to achieve speech and language goals
• you have excellent communication and collaboration skills
• you have access to a vehicle for travel
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Educational Assistant will:
• lead and assist speech and language therapy in the Pre-Kindergarten Program
• support students in the areas of cognition, self-help, fine motor, socialization, play, communication, behaviour, and gross motor development
• model speech and language skills for other Educational Assistants
• provide personal care including toileting and diapering
• participate in and conduct Family Oriented Programming sessions and conduct home visits
ABOUT WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER:
• competitive salary ($24.12 - $30.72 per hour)
• a comprehensive benefits package including extended health care, dental, vision and extended disability
• pension plan eligibility
• Health Spending Account
• professional development opportunities
• 10-month position – summers off
• 7 hour work days
If you are interested in working with an organization that supports and encourages children with special needs to reach their full potential, we encourage you to apply.
Note: This position may be located at Evansdale School, 9303 - 150 Avenue; Delton School, 12126 - 89 Street; or Norwood School, 9520 - 111 Avenue. Travel between sites may be required.
Rate of pay reflects a market adjustment for positions requiring Therapy Assistant Program (Speech Language Pathologist Assistant).
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (in Word or PDF format) quoting competition #249076 by December 20, 2017, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is covered by a collective agreement between CUPE Local 3550 and the Board of Trustees. Only those applicants being considered will be contacted.
About Edmonton Public Schools
Edmonton Public Schools is the second largest school district in Alberta, with over 8,500 staff focused on meeting the diverse needs of approximately 99,000 students across 213 schools and education sites. Our Vision is to transform the learners of today into the leaders of tomorrow. We inspire student success through high-quality learning opportunities, supported by meaningfully engaged students, parents, staff and community. The District’s cornerstone values of accountability, collaboration, equity and integrity support us in achieving our Vision and Mission.
Our District is committed to excellence and hires based on merit. We value diversity and welcome applications from all qualified individuals. Only those applicants being considered will be contacted. Prior to employment, successful candidates will be required to submit records check documents.