Early Learning programming supports children who are English language learners or have special education needs in building language and literacy skills before Kindergarten. Effective September 2017, the Pre-Kindergarten Program will support these children’s learning needs and replace Early Learning. Learn more about Pre-Kindergarten’s fun and busy classes where children learn by playing with their peers.
- Develop speech, language and motor skills
- Learn to share, co-operate, be responsible, problem-solve, express themselves and make decisions
- Develop positive attitudes toward learning
- Develop a sense of confidence and self-esteem
- Improved ability to socialize and play with others
- Increased comfort interacting with other children and families from a variety of backgrounds and cultures
- Half-day classes scheduled four or five day per week
- Organized activities within a play-based learning environment
- Flexible instruction based on students’ needs and interests
- Supports like speech and language services, physical therapy, occupational therapy and school family liaison services available
- Smaller classes for more targeted support
To be eligible for this programming, children must:
- be 3 years old on or before March 1
- have mild or moderate delays or learning English as a second language
For more information about eligibility, contact a school offering Early Learning.
All Edmonton Public Schools programming is based on curriculum determined by Alberta Education. Students enrolled in Early Learning will receive the same high-quality education offered in all of our programs.
For more information about busing, contact a school offering Early Learning or call Student Transportation at 780-429-8585.
7055 132 Ave NW
3020 37 St NW
14820 118 St NW
17335 76 Ave NW
12126 89 St NW
1395 Knottwood Road East NW
10345 144 St NW
10930 107 St NW
12323 51 Ave NW
9520 111 Ave NW
5730 11A Ave NW
4305 134 Ave NW
10717 32A Ave NW
1200 Lakewood Road North NW
10330 163 St NW