Late French Immersion
Late French Immersion provides students in Grade 7 with opportunities to acquire and maintain language skills in French and English.
- Develop language and literacy skills in French, and use both to communication
- Learn about French culture, traditions and celebrations
- Proficiency in English and French
- Improved academic achievement
- Improved skills in a student’s first language
- Knowledge and appreciation of different cultures
- International language certification opportunities
To register in Grade 7, no previous knowledge of French is required. For more information about eligibility, contact McKernan School.
All Edmonton Public Schools programming is based on curriculum determined by Alberta Education. Students enrolled in Late French Immersion will receive the same high-quality education available in all of our programs.
- Kindergarten to Grade 6 - Some yellow busing options are available.
- Grade 7 to 12 - Edmonton Transit is the preferred method of transportation.
For more information about busing, contact the school or call Student Transportation at 780-429-8585.