Child Study Centre
Child Study Centre programming takes an inquiry and project-based approach to delivering Alberta's curriculum.
- To develop students’ academic skills through an inquiry and project-based approach to learning combined with direct instruction
- To develop children who are engaged and actively involved in their learning
- Improved ability to conduct research using a variety of sources
- Improved ability to work with others in a group setting
- Increased responsibility for learning through planning and goal-setting
- Large blocks of time set aside for project-based learning
- Projects that help students make connections between subjects such as social studies, science, language arts, math, art or health
- A focus on learning concepts in-depth
- A three-phase project approach in which students launch each project by developing background knowledge, research their topic through various sources, then celebrate their learning by sharing their project
- Combined-grade groupings
- Opportunities for hands-on learning through activities such as field trips and community visits
- A focus on relationships between the teacher, child, parents and community
Students must be in Kindergarten to Grade 6 and can register starting in any grade. Contact Garneau School for information about eligibility and programming options.
All Edmonton Public Schools programming is based on curriculum determined by Alberta Education. Students enrolled in Child Study Centre will receive the same high-quality education offered in all of our programs.
Some yellow busing options are available. For more information about busing, contact Garneau School or Student Transportation at 780-429-8585.
10925 87 Ave NW