Child Study Centre
Child Study Centre programming takes an inquiry and project-based approach to delivering the curriculum.
- Develop academic skills through an inquiry and project-based approach to learning
- Develop children who are engaged and actively involved in their learning
- Improved ability to conduct research using a variety of sources
- Improved ability to work with others in a group setting
- Increased responsibility for learning through planning and goal-setting
- Large blocks of time set aside for project-based learning
- Projects that tie into social studies or science, along with other subjects such as language arts, math, art or health
- A focus on learning concepts in-depth
- Mixed-age groupings
- Opportunities for hands on learning through activities such as field trips and community visits
- Flexible learning spaces in various areas of the school
- Focus on importance of relationships between the teacher, the child, parents and the community
- Registration starting at any grade
Students must be in Kindergarten to Grade 6. Contact Garneau School for information about eligibility and programming options.
All Edmonton Public Schools programming is based on curriculum determined by Alberta Education. Students enrolled in Child Study Centre will receive the same high-quality education offered in all of our programs.
Some yellow busing options are available. For more information about busing, contact Garneau School or Student Transportation at 780-429-8585.
10925 87 Ave NW