Choosing a school
Students who choose to attend their designated school are guaranteed entrance. You can use the Find a School tool to find your designated school.
A student may also choose to attend any other school in the District, but:
- entrance is not guaranteed
- they will be subject to the random selection process if the number of students who want to attend a school or program exceeds the available space.
When to register
Children who are four years of age on or before March 1 may register in Kindergarten for the upcoming school year. Contact your preferred school to learn more about open house dates and Kindergarten orientation sessions.
When registering for the first time, a Student Registration form must be completed by a parent/legal guardian.
Step 1: Review and complete the Student Registration form
Review, complete and print the Student Registration form. Sign the printed form.
Step 2: Submit the completed form
Bring the following to your preferred school:
- a completed, signed Student Registration form
- confirmation of address for the student's parent/legal guardian (Please note - schools may request more than one document to confirm an address: e.g. driver's license, utility bill, lease agreement, property tax bill)
- legal proof of the student’s name, citizenship and birth date
You can provide legal proof by presenting one of the following:
- Canadian provincial birth certificate
- Canadian citizenship document
- student visa
In some cases, immigration documents (e.g. landed immigrant documentation or a Permanent Residence Card) may also be required. Visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada for more information.