:: Board of Trustees
Edmonton Public Schools' Board of Trustees 2013-2017
Back row, left to right: Orville Chubb, Ray Martin, Nathan Ip and Ken Gibson
Front row, left to right: Michelle Draper, Michael Janz, Sherry Adams, Sarah Hoffman and Cheryl Johner
Board of Trustees 2010-2013
Board Meetings, Task Forces and Committees
- Board Meeting Agendas and Reports - Agenda, reports and archive of previous meetings
- Board meeting webcasts and archives are available at: http://www.livestream.com/edmontonpublicschools
- School Closure Moratorium Committee - More information including meeting dates, agendas and reports
- Special Needs Task Force - supports the implementation of an inclusive education system, as envisioned in the Setting The Direction Framework, in Edmonton Public Schools. The Task Force will recommend actions to the Board that will move the District significantly forward toward the vision of an inclusive education system. Special Needs Task Force Terms of Reference
- Community Sustainability Task Force - The Board of Trustees is also pleased to have a representative sitting on the City of Edmonton's Community Sustainability Task Force, which is investigating a number of factors related to the sustainability and vibrancy of mature neighbourhoods. You can read more about the Task Force and its work and contribute your ideas on five key questions at www.communitysustainability.ca.
Budget and Policies
- Policies and Regulations - The Board of Trustees for Edmonton Public Schools establishes policies that guide the desired operation of the District. Through administrative regulations, the to Superintendent of Schools establishes specific procedures for schools and central services to implement Board policy.
- Budget 2010-11 - How we allocate resources to our schools, initiatives and financial highlights.
- School Board Governance and Operations - Section B of the Board Policies and Regulations Manual contains information such as the Board's role and responsibilities, Trustee elections and Trustee remuneration.