Superintendent of Schools
Centre for Education
:: Inclusive Learning: Everyone's In - Overview
"When we talk about inclusive education, it's about how we make sure everyone's in, that everybody has a place and that they are participating. How we do that is something we are constantly learning."
- Edgar Schmidt, Superintendent of Schools
- What phrases/words do you associate with the term, "inclusion?"
- What does inclusion mean to you?
- What are your school's beliefs on inclusion?
- What are some challenges you and your school face regarding inclusion?
- What does an, "inclusive setting," mean to you?
- How does your school encourage the contributions of all learners?
- How does your school create an environment in which all students are included as one community?
- How important is it to build relationships with students?
- What factors need to be considered in building the school vision and culture?
- What challenges do you face regarding curriculum in an inclusive setting?
- How does your school promote curriculum that is equitable and inclusive of diversity in student's learning needs?
- What does it mean to have a collaborative culture in a school?