In accordance with the rules and regulation in the Local Authorities Pension Plan (LAPP), all eligible staff of the Board will be enrolled in the plan unless they are contributing to another pension plan with the Board.
The following conditions apply:
- Participation is a condition of employment for permanent staff (who work 30 hours or more per week) after one year of full-time equivalent service with Edmonton Public Schools.
- Participation is optional for part-time permanent staff (who work at least 14 hours and not 30 or more hours per week) after one year of full-time equivalent service with Edmonton Public Schools.
- The one year waiting period is waived if the employee was participating in the Local Authorities Pension Plan or reciprocal plan with their previous employer (for example: municipal government, health authority, academic institution).
- Acting Pay is considered pensionable salary.
- Casual and temporary staff are not eligible to participate in LAPP.