Academic Alternative programming supports motivated students with above-average performance. Students may display an early interest in post-secondary studies and a desire to develop their leadership skills.
- Develop academic skills in a challenging learning environment
- Improved reading and writing skills
- Improved math skills
- Improved work ethic, study habits and organizational skills
- Development of citizenship and leadership skills
- Preparation for post-secondary learning
- Exploring how concepts learned in one subject could apply in other subject areas
- Instruction that integrates a global perspective
- Opportunities to study core subjects in-depth
To be eligible, students must be:
- enrolled in Grades 7 to 12
- participate in an application process
- meet entrance requirements
Contact a school offering Academic Alternative for more information about eligibility.
All Edmonton Public Schools programming is based on curriculum determined by Alberta Education. Students enrolled in the Academic Alternative will receive the same high-quality education offered in all of our programs.
Edmonton Transit is the preferred method of transportation. For more information about busing, contact the school or call Student Transportation at 780-429-8585.
10523 84 Avenue NW