Cogito programming is designed for students who are willing to work to achieve a high level of academic excellence in an environment that emphasizes structure and order.
- Develop academic skills to achieve excellent results
- Demonstrate diligence and self-discipline
- Improved reading and writing skills
- Improved math and critical-thinking skills
- Improved work ethic, study habits and organizational skills
- Preparation for a wide range of future academic, professional and skilled employment opportunities
- Teacher-led instruction that focuses on students learning and progressing through the curriculum together
- Structured classroom environment
- Regular homework
- Recitation, memorization and practice exercises to improve learning
- Early reading instruction in phonics--understanding letters, sounds and syllables
- Second language instruction introduced in Grade 1
- Additional opportunities to study core subjects in-depth
- Uniforms or a dress code requirement
- A high level of parental support and commitment
Students must be in Kindergarten to Grade 9. Contact a school offering Cogito for information about eligibility and programming options.
All Edmonton Public Schools programming is based on curriculum determined by Alberta Education. Students enrolled in Cogito will receive the same high-quality education offered in all of our programs.
- Kindergarten to Grade 6 – Some yellow busing options are available.
- Grade 7 to 12 – Edmonton Transit is the preferred method of transportation.
For more information about busing, contact a school offering Cogito or call Student Transportation at 780-429-8585.
19355 Meridian Street NE
250 Lakewood Road East NW
12323 51 Avenue NW
18710 72 Avenue NW
2340 Millbourne Road West NW
5703 19A Avenue NW
10541 60A Avenue NW
14020 88A Street NW
1751 48 Street NW
4025 117 Street NW
8715 153 Street NW
6825 89 Avenue NW