Student Behaviour and Conduct
Topic: Student Behaviour and Conduct
Issue Date: 18/12/2015
Effective Date: 20/09/2006
Review Year: 2011
- Each school's expectations for student behaviour and conduct shall be:
- developed with opportunity for input from staff, students, parents and the community;
- communicated in writing to students, parents and community annually by the principal; and
- reviewed and revised as required.
- The school's expectations shall include the consequences for failure to meet the expectations related to student behaviour, conduct, dress, discipline, deportment, and attendance.
- When disciplinary action is required, staff shall, where possible, work with the student's parents, may involve district resource staff and, where appropriate, staff from community agencies.
- The Principal shall maintain records of disciplinary action taken by school staff as a result of unacceptable student behaviour.
- Staff members shall inform the Principal of suspected instances of possession of weapons, use of/or trafficking in illegal drugs, and/or substance abuse in the school.
EM.BP Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco Use on District Premises and at District Sponsored FunctionsFA.BP Human Resources Framework FBCA.AR Respectful Working EnvironmentsHED.AR Student AttendanceHED.BP Student AttendanceHFGA.AR Police Investigation of PupilsHG.BP Student Behaviour and ConductCriminal Code of Canada - Section 43School Act
(please see Sections 12 to 16, 18, 20, 24, 25, and 27 of the School Act)