French Immersion provides students with opportunities to acquire and maintain language skills in French and English.
- Develop language and literacy skills in French and English, and use both to communicate
- Learn about French culture, traditions and celebrations
- Proficiency in English and French
- Improved academic achievement
- Improved communication skills in a student’s first language
- Knowledge and appreciation of different cultures
- International language certification opportunities
All Edmonton Public Schools programming is based on curriculum determined by Alberta Education. Students enrolled in French Immersion will receive the same high-quality education available in all of our programs.
To register in Kindergarten or Grade 1, no previous knowledge of French is required.
- Students entering the program after Grade 1 are considered on an individual basis.
- is also available for students entering the program in Grade 7.
For more information about eligibility, contact a school offering French Immersion.
- Kindergarten to Grade 6 - Some yellow busing options are available.
- Grade 7 to 12 - Edmonton Transit Service (ETS) is the preferred method of transportation.
For more information about busing, contact the school or call Student Transportation at 780-429-8585.
4350 111 Street NW
13546 111 Avenue NW