German Bilingual provides students with opportunities to acquire and maintain language skills in German and English.
- Develop language and literacy skills in German and English, and to use both to communicate in the classroom
- Learn about the cultures of German-speaking countries
- Proficiency in English and German
- Improved academic achievement
- Improved skills in a student’s first language
- Knowledge and appreciation of different cultures
- International language certification opportunities
- To register in Kindergarten or Grade 1, no previous knowledge of German is required.
- Students entering the program after Grade 1 are considered on an individual basis.
For more information about eligibility, contact a school offering German Bilingual.
All programming is based on curriculum determined by Alberta Education. Students enrolled in German Bilingual will receive the same high-quality education available in all of our programs.
- Kindergarten to Grade 6 - Some yellow busing options are available.
- Grade 7 to 12 - Edmonton Transit Service (ETS) is the preferred method of transportation.
For more information about busing, contact the school or call Student Transportation at 780-429-8585.