What to Expect
Visit a school in person or virtually so you can feel confident and prepared for school next year.
WHAT IS AN OPEN HOUSE?
School open houses are informal events that give you a chance to:
- speak to students, teachers, other school staff and parents
- learn about programs, courses and extracurricular activities offered at the school
- understand what your child will learn and how you can support their learning
- learn about registering for school
Search for upcoming open house events using our Find a School tool.
TOPICS TO DISCUSS
Here are a few topics to discuss with school staff at an open house.
PROGRAMMING AND OPTIONS
- alternative or specialized programming
- honours programming
- complementary courses
- extracurricular activities
- athletic teams
- homework expectations
- academic supports (e.g., homework club and tutoring)
- how students are assessed
Learn how to prepare for an open house.