Kindergarten programming supports students in building important skills and behaviours in an inclusive, play-based environment.
- Develop speech, language and motor skills
- Learn to share, co-operate, be responsible, problem-solve, self-express and make decisions
- Participate in group and individual classroom activities
- Develop positive attitudes toward learning
- Develop a sense of confidence and self-esteem
- Improved ability to socialize and play with others
- Increased independence
- Development of co-ordination skills and healthy living habits
- Some schools offer a full-day program
- Organized activities within a play-based learning environment
- Flexible instruction based on students’ needs and interests
- Supports like speech and language services, physical therapy, occupational therapy and school family liaison services
Children who are 5 years old on or before December 31 may register in Kindergarten for the upcoming school year. Learn more about registering for Kindergarten, or contact your designated school.
All Edmonton Public Schools programming is based on curriculum determined by Alberta Education. Students enrolled in Kindergarten will receive the same high-quality education offered in all of our programs.
Some yellow busing options are available. For more information, contact your designated school or call Student Transportation at 780-429-8585.