Pre-Kindergarten builds children's strengths and skills in a playful, language-rich environment. The program is for children with severe needs who are between the ages of 2 years and 8 months and 4 years and 8 months old by September 1 of the year they are attending.
- Learn to express themselves, share and problem solve
- Improve communication and motor skills through specific intervention, exploration and guided activities
- Build social skills and confidence in a playful and welcoming environment
- Discover new experiences, friends and a love of learning
- Regular access to specialized support (e.g., speech and language pathology, occupational and physical therapy)
- Development of appropriate skills and strategies that support learning and growth
- Improved ability to socialize and play with others
- Opportunities to share and celebrate the diversity of each other
- Strong partnership between family and school
- Half-day classes
- Small class sizes
- Playful and engaging learning environment
- Flexible instruction based on children’s needs and interests
Pre-Kindergarten is for children with severe needs who are between the ages of 2 years and 8 months and 4 years and 8 months old by September 1 of the year they are attending, as per Alberta Education criteria.
Contact a school offering Pre-Kindergarten for information about eligibility and special education programming options.
REGISTRATION FOR PRE-KINDERGARTEN
To register for Pre-Kindergarten, your child will need to meet program eligibility requirements based on an assessment or diagnosis from a healthcare provider.
If your child has a report from a qualified professional, or has been directed to contact an early childhood service provider by Alberta Health Services, please contact a school offering Pre-Kindergarten.
Children registered in a Pre-Kindergarten Program may be eligible for busing depending on their location. Contact a school offering Pre-Kindergarten to discuss eligibility and busing options.
10616 36A Avenue NW
9303 150 Avenue NW
6715 97 Street NW
355 Woodvale Road East NW
10950 159 Street NW
13515 107 Street NW